Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Cookham to Henley


Miles 12.2 Locks 4
A short journey today to Henley, as we intend to stay a couple of days. It was not as busy as the day we came down river when the Regatta was on. They are dismantling the course as we came past which included removing 20 ft long 12x12 inch posts that had been stuck in a line in the river bed. The day started dull and it wasn’t until the sun came out in the afternoon I realised that my head was burnt as I was not wearing a hat this morning. Saw Hilary Aboni at Hurley lock on board Beyond. I called and waved and she waved back but I bet she didn’t know who it was calling. Bird of the day, as there were several swooping round the boat as we left Hurley lock, the Common Tern. http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdguide/name/c/commontern/index.asp and the pic is us at Henley among the big boys

No comments:

avandia class action