Sunday, July 08, 2012


Red Bull (BW) to Windsford Flashes
Miles 14.5 Locks 29
With that amount of locks in a day we can only be on Heartbreak Hill. At least we were going down and only had a short wait at Maklins Bank were one of the paired locks has been taken out of use. Even the weather was kind and the rain held off until after we had moored up. We have stopped on the Middlewich Branch of the Shropshire Union Canal just south of Br 22. The SU Canal Society hav created some decent moorings on the canal embankment overlooking the River Weaver and the topmost of The Windsford Flashes. To continue on the theme of what I forgot to do is make sure I had a picture size reduction programme on this computer. Although I now have my camera and some pictures I can't resize them for Blogspot until I can download a suitable programme
I have just managed to download GIMP and resized this picture of the lock pound between locks 47 and 48 on the Trent and Mersey canal. It is just long enough for two 70 ft boats to pass one another after one boat has moved over. Sometimes even now there is a "Mexican Standoff" between shorter boats each waiting in the lock for the other to come out and move over so they have a straight run into the next lock. Quite amusing to watch if you ave already got through - not so funny if you are waiting to get through yourself.

No comments:

avandia class action