Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Stourport to Wolverley

Miles 5.9 Locks 4
We have been to Bewdley today but not by Boat. We went on the Severn Valley Railway from Kidderminster to Bewdley and return. This took us there -
And this brought us back.
It was about 10 mins each way with a wait at Bewdley that was just long enough to look around and have an Ice Cream. On the way back I managed to take the following snap of the canal which we were travelling along about one hour later.
We decided to stop at Wolverley to see the houses built into the sandstone cliff and to avoid stopping at the places we stopped at on our way south. It is a little strange after almost two weeks on the River Severn to be back on the narrow canal, I keep heading into my off side bank as I judge my distance by the nearside gap and that is a lot wider on the rivers.

No comments:

avandia class action