Friday, February 26, 2010

Been to the boat Yesterday

I went to the boat last night to change over photographs. It seems that we have a photo of the boat on the boat and a photo of the House in the house so I was instructed to change them over which I did. Going on the boat reminded me that I had not reported the alterations that took place before Christmas
The previous owner changed the original fit out by adding cheap vertical tongue and groove planking to some internal partitions and then painted it in a matt stain paint that I could never quite match. Earlier last year I experimented by taking off a small bit to reveal quite good mahogany faced ply under that, after a sand down and several coats of varnish, looked quite presentable. The rest of the partitions were done late last year with a few being clad as the old tongue & groove was the only thickness there was. It all looks better now. At least I think so.
You may also recall seeing the fresh water pump when it was repaired in the summer at Stourport well................ over the winter the plastic pipe connecting the pump to the copper piping feeding the rest of the boat was forced off by an ice build up, which ment all the shifting of furniture and panels again to fix it back on. Fortunately only a small amount of water was released onto the carpet.
I will have to spend a couple of days checking things out soon as the NCCC opening cruise is on 28th March and the Easter cruise shortly after.

No comments:

avandia class action